We'll as you probably know, the weather outside has become freezing! You know it's cold outside when your giant fur hat freezes! Ha but I love it, there is no where else on the earth I'd rather be than in Siberia!
I should probably give you info on when to call and stuff. I am trying to be more patient and loving so, I've decided that it would be best for you to call me on my birthday so Decemeber 28th at 7:00 am, which is actually December 27th around 7:00 pm for you I think? I'm not quite sure on the time difference but that is a guesstimation for ya lol.
That day we will be having our zone conference so I will get to talk to you then go meet with President Trejo for a couple hours, it'll be good :) I haven't seen President Trejo for almost 3 months I guess it happens when you serve in the biggest mission in the world!
So this week was pretty good, we've been working hard and trying to help people to come a little bit closer to the Savior, this really is such a wonderful time of the year. We get to celebrate the birth of our Savior here in Russia ...they don't really celebrate Christmas, ( it's a little more than sacreligious to drink on the birth of the Savior and all so they don't do anything until New Years lol) but it's been interesting.
With not a lot of people worrying about the hustle and bustle of Christmas, you can really think about what this holiday is really about. I was reading in the Book of Mormon where Samual, the Lamanite, is prophecing about the coming of Christ and about all of the miraculous things that would precide his coming, then I read in the first Chapter of 3 Nephi, the people were waiting for these signs and if they didn't happen they were going to put to death those who believed. The prophet Nephi went in prayer to the Lord, and the Lord answered his prayer, saying,"lift up your head, and be of good cheer, for tomorrow I come into the world. "
Megan, .you did an awesome job of playing that song by the way, it is my favorite Christmas song (ha you made me cry you little booger ;) I dont know if I told you that that song is one of the only songs that the Russian hymn book has that the English one doesn't, and the translation they have in Russian comes saying, "This is Christ our Lord, who came to earth to save, of who angels sing, our Savior, the Son of mary.."
We may be home for Christmas, with those we love or maybe on the other side of the world. But no matter what we are doing, what our situation is this Christmas, remember the good news that we are celebrating this time of year. That which was told to a prophet long ago, " Lift up your head, and be of Good Cheer, For Tomorrow I come into the World."
I know that our Savior Jesus Christ came to this earth, for each and everyone of us, That he lives, and that he loves us. That is the message we have to share with the world. That he was and is our older brother, our Savior, and Redeemer, and that he loves us and is here to help us. Even the cold, that is Siberia, can't keep that love away.
I want to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas :) I can't wait to hear from you all!
жив сильно,
Ст. Иборн
Mom and Dad - Hey Thanks for the updates! I love you guys, try not to miss me to much this saturday ;) I can't wait to hear from you!
Megan - Wowsers Sis! That was way good present! Maybe you can play it for me on and I will sing you the Russian version alright?
3 comments:
He is clear across the world, and he knows what his mom needs to hear.
I have much to lift my head up about!
Anyone, who truly understands, has no reason to hang their head. That knowledge is the most precious gift anyone could ever have. We do indeed have reason to rejoice.
Love you all and always,
Grandpa Bart
What a wonderful letter. He loves
the gospel and the people he is
serving. I love his scripture that
can apply to all us, because He is
going to come unto the world again
to save all who has kept his
commandments and those who have will serve him to help others come
unto him.
Megan, your piano piece was wonderful, even thetongue wasn't
bad, I'm sure JT had a good laugh.
Happy Holidays to you all. Love all
of you.
Grandma Iris
Post a Comment