Well, another visa trip has come and past!
That makes three...I probably only have 3 more... man I don't feel like it should be this far on the mission. Kyle, Deven, and Gabe will be starting out and here I am, getting closer and closer to the half way...
Finland was awesome! As always. It felt so much like Christmas there it's was like a little Christmas village in Helsinki especially around the Temple, all the little houses covered in snow with glow of the Temple illuminating the area was just an amazing thing. I got to go attend two sessions. I did both of them in Russian (Yes, I can speak Russian!) ha I was very impressed with myself and the Temple worker there that was Russian was impressed that I haven't even been out a year yet, and that I could speak with him as well as I was. I told him that I was impressed with myself, a year ago i wouldn't have ever thought I'd be speaking in two languages, let alone be in Finland doing it. but eh that was my little pride moment... (I'll will repent later).
I sent a package home to you guy's you should get it by the end of the month hopefully, I sent it from Finland so it shouldn't be sent via Russia mail. I had a wonderful experience while in the Temple, as well. I took some time in the Temple thinking about what I needed to do starting out into my 2nd year as a missionary, what changes I needed to make, and how I could fulfill all that the Lord has in store for me. While I was there I opened up the scriptures and read from Alma 26, where Ammon is talking about his mission, and about how he is weak, but that he knows that in the strength of the Lord he can do all things. I thought about something I've said before while on the mission. "Pray like everything depends on God, then get up and work like everything depends on you." I feel like I've been working very hard on my mission, (my shoes attest to that) but maybe I've been relying to much on my own strength. I need to trust in the Lord more and to put more of my confidence in the Lord. Let him do his part. He is the most powerful and I know that like Ammon said, "In his stregnth, всёвозможно".
This week since I've been back has been interesting as well. We found tortillas at our grocery store (you may laugh but they were the first burrito's I've had since leaving the MTC) which was awesome! As well as, being in a three companionship in a small apartment (sleeping on the couch) having to figure out how to work in 2 areas with 2 other companions, it's been rough, requiring a lot of patience. I am the only one who gets up on time and actually has studies, I've had to try and wake them up and they just lay in bed untill almost 11, it's been rough...and I am sure I annoy them (I am like dad in the AM I think, I get up and get going). Then on meetings they won't say anything... and then after get upset with me because I didn't let them teach. Ugh, it'll be alright. We are all just learning how to work with others.... we're just working hard and trying to make things happen.
We met with one of our investigators Monday, we opened with a prayer and she just started to cry, we asked her what was wrong and she said, "Nothings wrong, I just feel that I found what I've been missing. " We talked about the foundation upon which we should build our lives, and she told us she want's that foundation. so we set a goal for her to get ready to be baptized. We don't have a date or anything planned but she wants to.
Artiom, is also doing, alright. last night in our meeting his mother called (she just underwent surgery and is in the hospital) Apparently his family is having a lot of problems, keep them in your prayers. He looked up at us with tears in his eyes and asked us where do people who don't believe there is a God go after this life? I could tell he was concerned for his parents. We kind of went away from his question, and offered to give him a blessing. He accepted and asked Elder Drasso to voice, I've never prayed for the gift of tongues more in my life, than at that moment, for Elder Drasso. I think he was as well, and said what Artiom needed to hear, and standing there in the dark primary room of the branch building (the light went out on us) we gave him a Priesthood blessing. Elder Drasso was amazing and Artiom, he is great and a great friend, I know that what he needs now more than anything is to have the sure foundation. A foundation that if we build upon we can not fall.
So that is basically my week in a nutshell! I hope you guy's all had a wonderful week, and I can't wait to hear from you next week!
I love you guys!
жив сильно,
Ст. Иборн!
Mom & Dad - Well all is well for me! I used my sky miles on the way back to Omsk, (thanks Mom) and I am going go buy some boots today! so yeah :) thank you guys for everything! I couldn't do this with out my wonderful parents who support me. You rock! Thanks for taking flowers to Am.
Tanner - You have 7 pair?! Wha? How? If I could wear them outside I totally would ha, I just don't have the option, it's either 2 pair of socks or frostbite. Your girlfriend Laura, is cute, ha just don't be an idiot alright? I am not worried you're my bro, and i love ya! Keep on being the awesome man you are!
Maddie - Ha isn't it good to have friends, especially who drive the bus? Dale rocks! I must say ....he .has safed my butt a time or three over the years (he is a great man) love ya sis!
1 comment:
So cool to see the growth in these young men!
Post a Comment